Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

Team
I noted the Value of Secondary L here of 30.4 Hy
I believe this is rather higher than I would expect.
Resonance at 1.5uF/60Hz puts this figure down to around 4.7Hy which is in close agreement with experiments I've done (magnetic shunts intact). Measured Secondary L with Pri Shorted (voltage generator source situation as per mains input) and Secondary driven with a large 50Hz AC voltage source and current measured technique

Thanks, enjoying the dialogue on this matter
Ted in NZ

SNIP
- I am not so experienced in simulations as you are. Therefore I
would like to accept your generous offer to run the simulation with
my MOT data: no-load-output-voltage = 2232 Vrms, dc-resistance of
secondary winding = 70 Ohms, calculated secondary inductance = 30,4
H, all the other parts were copied from Piranha II.
Take care,
Herwig