RE: [TCML] Stuck at 36"

Hi John,

Although you have a fair sized farm of NST's, please keep in mind that the
total "power" and drop across the gap out is related to the voltage out (IE:
180ma * 7500volts ~= 1350watts out, less losses. 36" is pretty cool.

My 8" coil which uses a blown gap and also has a 15 degree, conical primary,
with similar coupling, gets about >68"<72" to a vertical copper pipe.

This is with (2) 15KV@60ma ~= 1800watts. I think the higher voltage and
power, less gap losses, MMC, and larger coil diameter helps much here, which
is of course a budget issue. It is hard to guess the efficiency of your
capacitor bank. Tesla did not have access to modern pulse capacitors as we
do.

I agree with Bill that you may benefit from tighter coupling. This is not so
hard to do. Cut the tubing and find a suitable 1/2" to 3/4" long brass screw
and cut the head off. Try using a small rat-tailed file to prepare the
inner-side of the tubing and solder with a high power soldering iron or a
propane torch.

Please use Bart Anderson's wonderful JavaTC
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html to verify the optimum coupling
< = K=.14 and maximum IDEAL spark length that MAY be achieved.

Best Regards,
Jim Mora