Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 7:49 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Still stuck at 36"

Hi Neal,

You mentioned that the performance diminished quickly with time, and was restored briefly after letting it cool down. The electrodes in a single gap must be massive enough and the airflow sufficient that there is minimal heating of the electrodes. Mine were never detectably warm. Just what did you use for electrodes, and how focused was the airflow to where the arcing occurs? A sucker gap pulls the air directly through the arc, and I think most have found it superior to multi-segment gaps. Do you have any photos?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA