Re: [TCML] Terry Filter Resistors

My point was that the inductance of the resistor does not appear to be part of the design (that I'm aware of) as opposed to say using an inductor on the hv side of a transformer. I just checked the resistor in question and it measured 146mH at 1kHz. What inductance values do you use on the hv side? There may be some filtering there going on, but I still don't know if it is by design or by accident.

Take care,
Bart

DC Cox wrote:
As current moves thru the inductor, the rising magnetic field causes the
peak currents to reduce.  It takes a bit of time to produce the magnetic
field, and
this clamps the peak currents.  Commonly used in series with large Marx
generators when testing HV insulators, transformers, etc.

Dr. Resonance