From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Dr.Hankenstein
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:42 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] Arizona Teslathon Announcement

Jim,

Yes, Dr. Sparks' Quadzilla ia a quad 833C coil which uses a four-matched set
of Penta 833C's and it is truly a work of art. The coil is so heavy
(everything about it looks like it's on steroids), that we had to build a
steel frame to hold the power supply components. He is using copper buss for
the plate supply rail which distributes the 3200volts at 2amps to the tubes
and produces a hammering 50" CW spark! The strike plate is attached to the
ceiling in his garage which is the limiting factor in arc length at the
moment. This link should direct you to the quad:

http://4hv.org/e107_files/public/1231656217_290_FT58019_2nddaycloseparatjpg.
jpg

Bring your metal tape measure and cast-iron gloves for this one!

Regards,
Hank