[TCML] Design questions

Hey guys, I've been on a break from coiling.? Last spring, my 15/60 coil quit?in the midst of a little smoke & flame.? I got kind of fed up?and decided?I just needed to hang it up for a while.? Although I've pretty regularly been reading the posts from this list.? Now I'm back into it?& have gotten into?rebuilding an old 9/30 coil that was a marginal performer.? It's kind of fun?trying using JAVATC to do it right this time and rebuild it from the ground up.

I'd be much oblidged if someone could answer a couple of questions for me.?

1.? This is a table top coil so it will be operating on a table, stool or something off the ground.??When measuring heights (topload, top turn secondary, lowest turn, etc) for entry into JAVATC, do you measure height from the floor or from the table the coil sits on??

2.? When JAVATC suggests a minimum distance between primary & secondary coils, how do you position the secondary within the flat spiral primary?? If minimum distance is supposed to be 1" between coils, is the secondary located 1" from the START of the primary?? If so, then at 1/2 turn of the primary, the distance would be slightly more than 1" as the primary spirals further from the center.? Or do you try to position the secondary equidistant between the start of the primary and the primary at 1/2 turn?? Or am I getting way too deep into this & it doesn't really matter?

Any help would be appreciated.? Thanks.? It's good to be back!

Dennis Hopkinton MA