Re: [TCML] ARSG Design

All,

For shorts distances, like details in a rotary, It makes little difference which of the highly conductive materials you use: Allu, copper, brass, bronze.
Check this rotary:
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/museum/sparkgap/sparkgap.htm
with it´s allu ring and bronze electrode holders.
The primary is spring hard bronze, another notoriously poor conductor of RF, however, the coil is now for 9 years on end a sure winner at the Danish Electricity Museum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1RzN43Ql1I

Cheers, Finn Hammer

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/tesla.htm

DC Cox skrev:
Check out the conductivity values for brass vs. aluminum at your designed
resonant freq.  You will find brass to be the clear winner.
Alum is only acceptable at 60 Hz power freqs.  Alum at your res freq will
limit the peak currents, which you want to be a maxiumum value for
almost any RF design.

The current in a series circuit is always limited by the max resistance
component at all points in the circuit.  Even small losses
begin to rapidly add up at RF frequencies.

Dr. Resonance