RE: [TCML] Audiotesla MKIIc Xpression

What I DON'T know about DRSSTC's and audio modulation could fill volumes, so forgive me if this is a silly question...

It appears to me that in addition to the sound created by the sparks, there is additional audio to fill in the "gaps", when the sparks are not making sounds.  Is that right - that there are conventional speakers in addition to the modulated sparks?  Or is it just that the lower-level sounds don't make visible sparks?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA