Re: [TCML] First Light at New Location

Greg Leyh wrote:
Here's our first run of the 120L50K at our new location in the American Steel warehouse, in West Oakland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnqrP2kuqnE

For scale, the roofing trusses are about 30ft above the floor.  GL
_

I'm always intrigued by how the sparks tend to "stick" to a particular landing area (not a point) for some time, and then move on. In this video, there's a few seconds where all the sparks seem to go towards the overhead beam, but then it goes back to hitting the ground or heading to camera left. This isn't unique to this coil, but lots of them appear to do it. I doubt it's a "shifting air currents" thing, but maybe it's really a random walk sort of thing, and the human brain tries to see patterns.