Re: [TCML] RE: FAQ

It's possible to get nasty RF burns from HV sources of as little as a watt or so. My 181 kHz "lowerfer" beacon runs two watts and the voltage on the 50 foot vertical radiator is a couple of kV [when the insulators are dry]. I've burned little holes in my fingers a couple of times by being careless.

Ed

Regarding point #4 I wouldn't go above 100 W coil under NO CIRCUMSTANCES!
I described in my earlier post in conversation with Peter Terren my experiment "Ala Brent Turner" with only 50 W input to tesla coil.
Result?Lot of unpleasant sensations and little shocks in my hand as I directed 3" arc to water pipe.
Now imagine power like 1500 W and the same situation.Me gonner I think.
Ok,people differ by their tolerance to receiving shocks but I am taking from my perspective.
And the main problem in point #4 isn't that but explanation.Small currents and skin effects when humans are conductors.Rubish.

Dex