Re: [TCML] RE: FAQ

--- danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] RE: FAQ
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:41:49 -0700

Dex Dexter wrote:
>> And what about  list like:Myths and misconceptions surrounding tesla
>> coils we can often read and hear about?
>> To start with,my top 5 myths are:
[snip]
>> 3.Output potential of coils can be determined by output spark lenght.

>Well they actually can if the coil is run in single-shot mode....

Sphere-sphere or sphere-plane gaps with  uniform enough fields ,right?
Ok,but don't forget to calculate in additional capacitive coupling effects then.
Nonuniform electrode (like needle-needle gaps) configurations are rather inaccurate methods for coil voltage measurements by spark lenght,even in a single-shot mode.

Dex