[TCML] Silent resonator (John Sturgeon)

The Tesla coil building community has lost a great coil builder. John Sturgeon passed away last month. I met him around 1995 when he came to my house with a friend of his, and I ran my medium size Tesla coil for them. He immediately knew he wanted to build one of his own, and in doing so, he built some of the most magnificent table top size coils that I have ever seen. They were always richly finished in mahogany, brazilian oak, padauk or walnut, with machined aluminum gap holders, polished brass, and a level of workmanship one rarely sees. He strived to get that turn of the century look on his coils, and I was always impressed with his retro looking designs. He was a talented machinist, pyrotechnician, enjoyed casting metals, building small steam engines, and forever a motorhead. Some may remember him from the TCBOR Teslathon that we attended back in 1996. I will greatly miss this unique individual. You can see a photo of him here. He is in the foreground, I am in the back.
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current=DSC_4204_sized.jpg

Farewell John Sturgeon we will miss you.

Dave Goodfellow