RE: [TCML] Primary Coil Copper Saving Idea

I recommend NEVER buying from 'SwordandTreasure' on eBay or from their store. I have not bought wire from them, ever, and  am proud of that fact. Their wire may be Essex, which is good wire, but if you coat your coil in polyurethane the wire's enamel will be almost negligible. I advise shopping around and looking at ALL of the pages on eBay to find what you're looking for. If they don't have it, come back in a week or two.

I realize that some of us are impatient and can't wait three weeks just to get a little bit of magnet wire for $20 less than the other guy's, but, for me, that $20 is a great deal of money.

NEVER buy the wire that is sold by length. That is almost ALWAYS a scam. I always go for at least 9 or more pounds. Currently, I have made three magnet wire purchases on eBay -

10lb. spool 21AWG about $70 including shipping

11lb. spool 24AWG about $60 including shipping

11lb. spool 29AWG about $60 including shipping