Re: [TCML] Pulse Capacitors

Sorry about that. Popped in R in place I. Of course, another way to look at this is that if you had a transformer that could put out 9kV at 10A, then it would be slow 13.5 seconds before the cap is fully charged. 0.003F is simply an extremely large cap size to charge to 9000V.

Take care,
Bart"

A 3000 ufd 9 kV capacitor would be extremely large period!!! Has anyone ever seen one? Certainly nothing one would think of building at home. I originally read that as 0.003 ufd, NOT 0.003 fd.

Ed