From: "Jonathan Peakall" <jpeakall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Spark gaps (again)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:07:09 -0800

Neat discussion. Makes me want to ask this question:

I found that a multi-segment gap worked better for low power coils, like an
OBIT or automotive ignition coil. The single gap was waaaay better for NST
powered coils. I did try low to high air flow over a single gap for the low
power coils, but I could never get better performance than with the multi
gap. Any ideas why? Is this because of physics, or was it just something
about my particular setup?

Jonathan
www.madlabs.info
Some people are like a Slinky .. not really good for anything,
but you still can’t help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.