[TCML] thomson and tesla coils

Bio: http://www.ieeeghn.org/wiki/index.php/Elihu_Thomson

but.. I can easily see him going out and filing a patent on something that was similar to what Tesla was doing at the same time as a shrewd business move. "oh Tesla patented copper wire, I'll get a patent on the same thing using iron wire"

Those of you in Europe would be interested to know that this is the same guy whose name is part of Thomson-CSF (although he was dead for decades by then)...

Thomson-CSF is now (part of) Thales (which is stepping back even further in history for names...)

So, if you're driving through the village of Wookey Hole in Somerset, that big facility on the edge of town is connected (tenuously) to Tesla's competitors in more than one way.