Re: [TCML] multiple miniature transformers

You can also get a pig and recase it which is what we do for all our high
power supplies.  Total weight of a recased 10 kVA 14.4 kV unit, with oil, is
around 130 lbs.  I mount them inside 17 x 17 x 18" steel tanks with a 1/2"
lip all around.  we weld up the tanks using standard 10 Ga. steel plate,
1018 CRS.

I use a 1/4" phenolic plate for the top to run the 220 in and HV out.  We
usually connect one of the bushings to case ground and core ground as well,
so it's a "single-ended" output.  Output is via neon silicone white GTO wire
as the current is 1 Amp or less.

A series reactor allows you to set the power level at anything you need.
With our 60 nF cap coils we run around 8.5 kVA and with our 100 nF caps we
run around 12 kVA, sometimes up to 15 kVA if we need a really large, extra
hot, fat spark.

Also, the pole xmfrs in oil are much more durable than the NSTs and require
a very simple filter circuit, usually an air core choke a small resistor
network for effective protection.

Dr. Resonance