[TCML] Sloans high power VTTC

Folks,

In doing some research on my next project I found a link to
what is probably the largest documented VTTC ever built.
There was a complete disclosure in Review of Scientific
Instruments; however the technology was fortunately patented
and thereby fully disclosed to the public via the US Patent Office and
Google Patents (US Patent 2009458)

http://www.google.com/patents?id=ICI_AAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&dq=2009458&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false

It was used to produce up to 1.0 MeV X-Rays for cancer
treatments; there are several accounts of unit being used to
treat E. O. Lawrence's mother, who was suffering with
an inoperable cancer. The X-Ray radiation treatments
were successful by all accounts.

Also of note is this follow on "resonance transformer" that
is also vacuum tube driven (US Patent 3014170)

http://www.google.com/patents?id=VXxFAAAAEBAJ&pg=PA1&dq=3014170&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Lots of possible opportunities for us VTTC'ers, if you look into
the allied technologies of Diathermy, Induction (and Dielectric)
Heating, Pulse power oscillators, and high power spark gap
driven modulators.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA