Re: [TCML] Ignition coil etc

Your ignition coil is probably not going to run on 16vac.  An ignition coil requires either pulsed or interrupted input current to produce a useful output.  An ignition coil may be pulsed directly from a 120vac outlet using a cheap dimmer switch and a series capacitor.  Likewise, the web is full of diagrams for simple transistor-based coil driver circuits for DC or battery operation.

Cheers,

Greg