Re: [TCML] Proper Energy Discharge Capacitors Wanted for trade/sale

Hi Bamacoiler,

Don't despair... For hobbyist use, you can use copper strip or aluminum flashing with bolts and star lock washers puncture the oxide film and get a gas-tight connection. Because of the higher frequency oscillatory discharge, skin depth is typically only 15-35 mils. Thick bus bars are actually overkill and are not necessary.

Bert

bamacoiler@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Wanted: Proper energy discharge capacitor for coinshrinking/can crushing/exploding. I can trade 1 50kva 12470/480 2 eared pole pig with a 10kva 240/480
+> stepup so it can be powered by 220. Or I can trade a # of 2.25µf 15kvdc
sangamo capacitors(30 total). Or i can buy it. It needs to be between 9-20 kv, 50-300µf, in the 5-10kj range or higher. These requirements are not concrete and suggestions will be entertained off list. The problem I'm having is buying proper bus bars to connect the 30 caps I have is going to be just as or more expensive as buying a proper energy discharge cap and having it freighted to my house. Plus I really don't know what the outcome will be inductance wise with 30 caps. Thanks in advance. If it is the southeast I can make a long distance trip and pickup/deliver.
Bamacoiler