Re: [TCML] My first tesla coil

Hi all,

I have a question about testing a sphere rather than a toroid.   My original toroid has these dimensions below, and the new sphere given as well.
3.25" aluminum duct flexible tube 10" diameter toroid 11.077pF
5.5" metal sphere 15.677pF
With the toroid in place, all was well in that streamer output was limited only to the toroid itself.    But when I remove it, and put the sphere on the top (and is connected to the top end of the secondary) while I get nice streamers out the sphere, I am also getting a kind of remnant smaller streamers peaking out the top of the secondary coil.  But again, this goes away when the toroid is put back instead.

Is there some trick to mounting a sphere to prevent this situation?

Thank you,
Peter