[TCML] Building a pulse generator

If you do go for that schematic on Flickr, also use a separate power supply ( 9 volt battery) for the 555 and don't power it off of the same supply going to the ignition coil.  Been there done that, blown lots of 555s and 2n3055s.  Also use a heavy duty power supply for the coil, like 10 amps.  For the 555 check around on the net, there should be a version of a 555 circuit that has two pots, one for frequency and one for duty cycle, that's what I used but I don't have the schem for it any more, I do remember that it used diodes to separate the charge and discharge of the oscillator, it worked well. Frequency was about 100 Hz up to 20 Khz.

all the best,

Shaun Epp