Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Looking for pulse cap

DC,

Can you clarify? What stray inductance? If you mean in the cap bank, then
no, it will not kill the IGBTs.  Stray inductance in the primary circuit
will only reduce coupling to the secondary.  It will NOT kill the IGBTs.

Zapp,

The 25A RMS on that capacitor you speak of is really worrying.  I'd expect
Dave's tank circuit to have a RMS current of several hundred amps.

-Phillip Slawinski