Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil First Light

Excellent little coil.  Good workmanship.  Nice sparks too.  Thanks for sharing the photos.

You've built a very neat, sturdy-looking pedestal for your coil.  Any plans to package your components on the bottom shelf?  I doubt the salt water capacitor will fit under there, but an MMC with similar rating (9-10nF I'm guessing?) would fit easy enough.  Any plans along those lines?

14kv@90mA NST?  What an odd size.  Where did you find it?

Cheers,

Gregory R. Hunter
http://myweb.cableone.net/grcarhunter