Re: [TCML] Lacquer

Andrew,

The thing on the floor could be considered a counterpoise, effectively
that's what it was when I used it.  The real reason I put it there was to
protect the coax cable running to a current transformer inside the box.  The
other end of the cable was connected to my rather expensive scope so I could
monitor primary current during the run. I'd rather not lose my scope due to
a stray streamer, so I put that ugly thing down on top of the cable near the
coil.  It might have been okay without that foil covered thing down there,
since the scope was running on a battery backup which was not connected to
the mains, but again, I didn't want to take chances.

-Phillip