[TCML] Streamer-'leader' or Corona? (Fatboy)

Hello everyone,

This may be more appropriate as a P.M. since it does not pertain directly to the list, however I felt it might be considered pertinent-enough, since others may have observed similar conditions.

The post is pertaining, primarily, to the picture shown here.

In the picture, it seems that, a bit past the breakout-point, there is a corona 'jet' which appears not unlike a blue or purple flame; I have observed things similar to this in high-speed photos of continuous electrical-discharge.

My question is - has anyone ever noticed this before, if they have did they document it?

Also, mainly for Dr. Spark, is there any merit to this, or is what I'm viewing corona from a needle-like tip?

Thanks,

 - Christopher Karr