Re: [TCML] Secondary with Carbonized Spots

The most important thing is - you need to correct the arcing from the
primary.  It's either too close to the secondary, or too high up.

To your repair question, you need to determine if there's any
carbonized stuff under the secondary windings that will short the
turns.  If so, I'm not sure it's worth salvaging.  If not, you may be
able to just scrape and pick at the carbonized surface and clean it
up, and then apply a little polyurethane or epoxy to insulate any
compromised enamel insulation.

Regards,
Gary Lau
MA, USA