Re: [TCML] Alternate to a spark gap

Actually, in a well-operating coil, the majority of the acoustic noise is
coming from the top load sparks.  Trying to silence just the gap will have
only a minimal impact.  Of course, if your coil is badly tumed and producing
very little spark, then a larger percentage of the noise will be from the
gap.

No, you can't switch the power to the NST as an alternative to the gap.  The
gap is absolutely essential and nothing done at the primary side can replace
that.  The NST absolutely will not work doing what you suggest.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA