Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Questions about saturable reactor / magnetic amplifier

 Stephan,

It sounds like you are saturating the core at only 10 amps of DC control voltage. The 12 amps of 400 volts may be the limit that you can push through they system.

What is the cross sectional area of the core that you are using? There is an approximate formula that will tell you how many KVA you can push through a core based on its cross sectional area.

Dave