Re: [TCML] Primary Support Materials

Not to veer off topic but I was just machining a new uhmw mandrel for a propeller gap I was building. I had just been using squares cut from a longer piece. Then I got some uhmw rod but you know, a rod of that stuff of any length 1" in diameter does bend. So I wanted to machine everything so I had a concentric part.

I could get a clean cut with my carbide cut off tool - big cuts. But I couldn't take off a hundredth or a thou no matter what speed or what tool.

Cheers
Joe

Sent from Joe's mobile phone.