Re: [TCML] transformer placement

makinglightning@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I know it would be best if there was nothing under a teslacoil, but would I encounter big problems if I located my hv transformer (3-4kw non pig) along with the cap and rotary gap, in the base of a teslacoil?

What would the effects be if I had a 5kw pig under the coil?

I hate the idea of having the hv transformer out and away from the base and having HV wires leading between them.

No big deal. Sure, there's some magnetic field coupling to anything metal around the primary, but as long as you're not doing something like putting your pancake primary on 1" standoffs on a big steel Hammond enclosure, you'll be good to go.