Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:10 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] measuring current going through a MOT to be used as ballast

Thomas Ryckmans wrote:

I tried to measure the current going through the primary of an
open-secondary MOT, to see how if I could use it to limit current in
another MOT in series. It must have been a lot - it blew my 10A fuse.
How can I measure this?

You could spend $12 for one of the cheap AC clamp meters from Harbor Freight, or you could use a shunt and your existing meter. Nice thing about the shunt is that you already have the materials on hand.

Jon