[TCML] coil struck by lightning?

I was just wondering if a running coil would be more prone to lightning strikes than a grounded rod the same height, would it repel being that the streamers are of a positive charge, or would it even make a difference?(Not that we run our coils in the rain or anything) I am fairly new to coiling, just move to northern Indiana where it is mostly flat land from a more mountainous region farther east. Back home in the Appalachian Mt's. I was indirectly struck by lightning when a large bolt hit a pole 20 ft. from my office building that supported our phone line, while I was one the phone! It felt like I got hit by a car, I remember seeing blue sparks between my fingers. Luckily after a few min. I was alright but the phone was not. I have always been fascinated with electricity but now I also have a great fear and respect for it. P.S. just found 2 twin 9000/60 NSTs for 40$ a peice, can't wait to see what they got.