RE: [TCML] coil struck by lightning?

The range of influence of a TC is insignificant as compared with the area that a bolt might strike within.  IF the bolt was "planning" on striking within a couple of feet of your coil, it might make a difference.

A far greater certainty is that said Tesla coil will be struck by raindrops and get wet, and that is never good...

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA