Re: [TCML] HV wire ?

I misspoke, 3M Scotch tape we use is 130C, self vulcanizing EPR
linerless tape for
stress cones/insulation up to 69kV.

 http://www.alliedelec.com/Images/Products/DataSheets/BM/3M_ELECTRONIC_SPECIALTY_MKTS/3MElectronic-Specialty-Mkts_Production-Supplies_6170130.pdf

Our company goes through at least a case a month, and swears by it.
Is expensive
though at ~ $20 a roll; in your application you might want to consider
small stress
cones at termination ends of these cables at your termination lugs.
Don't forget to
radius all sharp corners on your terminations/lugs to reduce risk of
corona/tracking.

Regards