Re: [TCML] SPARK COLOR?

Hello Ed

I only know, if having two needle-points, the one getting hotter is
the negative (it's bombarded by the heavy +ions, instead of electrons only).
This seems an easy and reliable test to me.

Or, if using a point and plate sparkgap, the plate connected to
the negative, results in longer sparks, than if connected to the positive.

I'm always in your own situation (=should know the answer) when
meeting a similar question. _Guessing_ from the above, I'd say the
blue or white end to be the negative?

Best regards
Kurt

EVP wrote:
 I should know the answer to this but I don't and hope someone here
can help..  What is the polarity of the two ends of a DC spark when
one is purplish and the other bright blue or white?  I'm sure it's
been covered many times but can't remember the answer.  Reason for
question is the color of the sparks from the spark coil I built using
GM ignition transformers.  Because of the way it's excited the
secondary pulse is more or less unipolar and shows these colors
although not as strikingly as a spark from a VDG.

Ed