From: bartb <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, March 10, 2010 8:29:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] New Coil

Miles,

The recommended minimum proximity in Javatc is calculating the distance as the "nearest points" as noted in the help file. If Javatc tells you 1.5" as the minimum proximity, then it's looking for a primary diameter that meets this distance. Javatc does not suggest a primary diameter in any of it's outputs.

Take care,
Bart

Miles Mauldin wrote:
Could that really be correct?  Using the javatc tool it suggests my primary inner diameter to be only 1.5" greater than the secondary form (a difference of .75" radius), and to obtain .14k coupling the lower end of the secondary is .5" below the primary.  I worry when the primary and secondary is that close; should I?