From: Roger Smith <rwsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Mar 7, 2010 9:24 am
Subject: Re: [TCML] Any one using a 7200 V pole pig?

Hi Charlie, I got a 7200 volt, 5kva pole pig out of oil that I use to run my large DC resonant charging Tesla coil. The pole pig drives a DC voltage doubler circuit so the Tesla coil gets about 15000 volts. One nice thing about this set up is that the charging choke takes all the abuse so your rectifiers and pole pig will last forever. Another thing you could do with it would be to get something like a 3CX10000A3 triode and build a large vacuum tube Tesla coil.

  I couldn't resist looking you up in the ham radio call book and I see you live in Bethesda Md. Cool, I use to live in Silver Spring Maryland but I am livening in Ohio now.

Roger ,  KC8FTQ
----- Original Message ----- From: <cbroring@xxxxxxx>