[TCML] Need Help Troubleshooting My First TC

I Am A Dedicated Gadgeteer With Several Projects Under My Belt ( Tebuchet -
Babington Burner - Sundry Gadgets ) Yet I Am New To The High
Voltage Hobby/Obsession. After Building A Jacobs Ladder, And A Plasma Globe,
I Began My First Classic TC.

The Basic Specs

15/20 NST  With Safety Gap

.375 Copper Electrode Adjustable Spark G

.005uF Wound Poly/Foil In 4" PVC Tank Cap

Primary Coil  12.5 Turns Of .25" Tubing With .5" Spacing Between

Secondary Coil  3.5" Diameter 18" Height With #26

Top Load  5" X 12" Toroid ( dryer duct/foil tape )

MY PROBLEM >  When I Power My NST And Spark Gap Alone, It Works Well - Draws
An Arc .005" To .5"  HOWEVER When I Connect It To The Primary Coil/ Tank Cap
The Spark Gap WILL NOT FIRE. Out Of Desperation I Swapped Out The NST For An
OBIT I Had, I Got The Same Result. Out Of Greater Desperation I Swapped Out
The Tank Cap With A Grossly Underrated HID Lighting Cap, Still The Same
Result. No Matter What I Do, If I Connect The Primary Coil/ Tank Cap, The
Spark Gap Will Not Fire.

Any Direction, Suggestions, Information, Or Constructive Criticism Would Be
Greatly Appreciated.

THANKS, HAIRBALL