Re: [TCML] Grounding a Tesla Coil (Yes, Again)

Hi Jim,

On the issue of RF grounds in general, determining the relative
quality of one has always been nebulous.  I'm pretty sure that the
consensus is that the ground quality has a minimal effect at best on
streamer length, so I don't think streamer length is a useful metric.
You wrote:
> Give it a shot and see if it works.

Short of just seeing if any appliance damage results, are you aware of
any means to quantify how well a given setup works, even relative to
an alternate setup?  I once tried monitoring the AC mains through a
high-pass filter for transient spikes (assuming that a better ground
results in lower amplitude transients), but uncertainty of how to
ground the scope probe (and scope!) made me give up.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA