To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] hybrid coil

Carlos,

At high power, a spark gap can power-arc, but if the coil is
designed properly that shouldn't happen.  Power-arcing
is caused by a number of factors, and can be prevented
by careful design.  The shorting of the power supply is
supposed to be "handled" by the action of the ballast
inductor.  Coils have been run at 150kW without
power-arcing becoming a problem.

It's not clear to me how you'd successfully integrate the
spark gap and valve to obtain good results.

Cheers,
John