Re: [TCML] Re: Dummy load for optimum cap size Experimentation

The thing that prompted me to try cleaning the electrodes was, normally, the
arcing occurred randomly around a circular area on the gap electrodes.  But
then I noticed that the arc was staying in just one place rather than
hopping around.  I didn't closely look to see if there were any pits or
other features at the arcing site, but there must have been.  If the arc is
always in one place, the electrode surface temperature will be locally
higher, resulting in a lower breakdown voltage.

Now if I could just find some silver or tungsten pipe reducers to fit my
sucker gap!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA