Re: [TCML] Re: Dummy load for optimum cap size Experimentation

What's interesting about the silver is although it pits a lot, the pits
don't seem to disrupt the firing.  I didn't really do a lot of experimentation
with the silver however, and some more tests would be useful.  All I remember
is they always fired well no matter how dirty or pitted they seemed to be,
and cleaning them didn't seem to make any difference in coil performance.

It would be interesting to silver solder (?) a silver ring onto the brass sucker
gap arc surface to see what effect it has.  I suppose silver discs can be
purchased and the center could be cut out to make a ring.  Maybe an
old 90% silver half dollar could be used after grinding off the pictures, etc.

But since your system is working fine by cleaning the brass occasionally,
there's no need for the silver.  I mention it mostly as a general comment.

I wonder if anyone ever tried gold as a spark gap (especially good for someone
with the Midas touch   :)

John