From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Gary Lau
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 10:54 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] New coil and first light

Beautiful workmanship, especially on the propeller gap!  I love how these
Teletype sync motors built in the 60's have found a new purpose in life.

What is your ballast limiting the current to?  I would expect that you can
get a lot more then 35" with that transformer.  Have you played with the
coupling yet?  FWIW, the Fair radio caps were said to use a Mylar
dielectric, though I also used one many years ago.  It will get warm and
bears close watching.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

http://picasaweb.google.com/109604889970826801245/TeslaCoil?feat=directlink