Re: [TCML] Questions on the Freau SRSG Phase Controller

A Rothman wrote:
The line-power LED I described works reasonably well.  I have tried
capacitances up to 155uF so far, and am unable to exceed about 45
degrees before losing lock.  I never see a resonant rise in the
voltage across the motor.  Has anyone used 1/2 HP motor, 3600 RPM
with John's phase controller?  What capacitance did you find to be
ideal?

Maybe you need to grind a little more off of the flats? When running without the controller, at what voltage do you get synch lock?

Jon