From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Grant Visser
Sent: 11 April 2011 09:43
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Alternate RF Ground

Hi all,

I have a 2KW SSG coil which I need to run in a conference centre environment
where I will have no access to a solid dedicated RF ground point.

I could of course connect it to the nearest fire extinguisher outlet or even
the 3phase ground but I would be VERY concerned about inducing spikes and RF
noise into sensitive equipment elsewhere in the building.

Thus I am looking for alternate solutions and am hoping someone on the list
may be able to help.

I read somwhere that it is possible to use a spare secondary coil as a dummy
load on the RF earth???

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

PS. I also need to keep all RF and EM emissions to an absolute minimum as
there will be a lot of sensitive equipment being used in the same area like
video projectors, amps, UHF wireless microphones, computers, DMX controlled
lighting, etc.

Keep em sparks flying
Grant