Re: [TCML] Mylar capacitor

Mylar do work. However, they will heat up, so keep your runs relatively short and check temps between runs. If they feel warm on the outside, they're much hotter on the inside. Let them cool a bit before running again.

I run some old 100KV .01 uF mylar caps, and they're good for a minute run with 5-10 min between runs. When those start to get noticably warm, I'll let them cool for 30+ minutes. They're big caps, so it takes awhile.

David Weiss