[TCML] DC coil capacitor size

Hello every one,

I found a site http://kudlemyer.com/tesla/tc_reactor.html
Outlining DC tesla coil parameters, its telling me that I should be using a 6.6 nf capacitor for my 3Kva coil I am currently constructing...
I was shooting for .1uf as that is close to the size I seem to always be using in my coils...
I see where the site is coming from as they do show equations and such, but I don't put much stock into it, yet...

So my questions is
In your (TCML's) experience what size capacitor would you use for a 120:1 3Kva PT powered DC coil?

Do the DC variety of coils really like a smaller capacitor value when compared to the normal variety of coil?
Since if so that effectively ends my capacitor head ache I have been having for a couple weeks now.

Thanks in advance,
John "Jay" Howson IV