Re: [TCML] Tuning a Tesla Coil with an Oscilloscope

I concur!

One thing that I added to the TCT that I built was a BNC jack, that I
connect to my multimeter which has a built-in frequency counter, for a
digital readout of the frequency (much more accurate than dial markings).  I
think the jack was connected to pin 3, but don't quote me - it's been years
since I built mine.

An oscilloscope is good for some things, but it's not really the best tool
for tuning, unless that's all that's available.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA