Re: [TCML] 35 KVA Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil

Awsome coil and results Roger. The idea of using a high inductance primary with increased turns ratio and somehow lower coupling is very inspirative. The larger primary form seems to compensate the small primary capacitor. The little pri cap can be charged in low time (the tube will be opened for only a small time), thats allows more abuse on the tube. Seems you found experimentally the balance between the components>>.

--- On Mon, 7/4/11, Roger Smith <rwsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Roger Smith <rwsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] 35 KVA Vacuum Tube Tesla Coil
Date: Monday, July 4, 2011, 12:45 PM

    I got a hold of a big ceramic triode (3cx10000a3) a few years ago and I finally built a tube coil with it.  It is powered by a 5 KVA pole transformer at up to 35 KVA and I am now getting 50"  fat bushy sparks.      Here is a link to the video on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8536fYHvGM&feature=feedlik <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8536fYHvGM&feature=feedlik>      I haven't seen any other  VTTCs like it so It's hard for me jug the efficiency of it.   Any suggestions are welcome.

    Roger